If you forgot the admin password of a DVR or NVR, you can reset the password by scanning the QR code generated on the local GUI of the device. The fl
The flow chart of the password resetting process is shown below.
Reserve email Address for Resetting Password
You should have reserved email address for resetting the admin password of NVR or DVR if you want to change the password by scanning QR code.
The DVR or NVR should support the function.
- Go to on the local GUI of the device.
- Select admin user and then click Edit.
- Enter the password of the device in the Old Password field.
- Click the Settings icon in Reserved E-mail Settings field.
- Enter an email address for receiving verification code, and then click OK.
Generate QR Code on Device Local GUI
If you forgot the admin password of the DVR or NVR, you can generate a QR code on the device's local GUI and then scan the QR code via the Mobile Client to reset the admin password.
You should have reserved an email address for resetting password.
The DVR or NVR should support this function.
- On the login page of the device's local GUI, click forgot password.
- Select Verify by Reserved Email and then click OK.
- Read and agree the Legal Disclaimer, and click OK to continue.
The QR code for resetting password pops up.
Reset Password of DVR/NVR by Scanning QR Code
If you forgot the admin password of DVR or NVR, you can reset the password by scanning the QR code generated on the local GUI of the device.
You should have allowed the Mobile Client to access your phone's camera.
You should have reserved email address for resetting device password and generated QR code on the device's local GUI. For details, see Reserve Email Address for Resetting Password and Generate QR Code on Device Local GUI for details.
- Tap to enter the Reset Device Password page.
- Scan the QR code on the local GUI of the DVR or NVR.
A verification code will be sent to the reserved email address.Note:
The verification code will be valid for 48 hours.
If you reboot the device or change the reserved email address, the verification code would be invalid.
- Go to the device's local GUI.
- Enter the received verification code on the Verify by Reserved Email window and then click OK to continue.
- Create a new password and then confirm the password.