The security and surveillance sector is centuries old; however, before the advent of technology, closed circuit television units, and so on, places we
Pointers on How to Connect CCTV Camera with Fiber Optic Cable
- In a blended network, the analog signals from the camera are converted to light or optical signals which are transmitted over a fiber optic cable.
- You require a device which converts these signals again to analog for a normal display of video footages or even live transmissions. Digital video optical converters do this job.
- Ensure the device is compatible with the other network devices and the camera. Also, make sure the converter has a simple plug-and-play design which makes both installation and use easy.
- Using a fiber optic cable for transmission is beneficial as it eliminates issues such as EMI and other environmental disruptions. Also, it supports long geographical distances.
- All you need here is a fiber optic cable and connector along with digital converter.
- You simply need to place the cable between the display or computer and the CCTV camera. Usually, a multimode, double stranded cable would be good.
- Ensure there are no splices in the camera and display links.
- Use the right connector for both ends of the cable to connect it and ensure to leave enough space for other network devices if any.
- Place the transmitter at the camera end of the cable and a receiver at the computer or display end. Ensure the transmitters and receivers are enclosed and protected. Power both of these through available power supplies or PoE Switches.
- Connect the transmitter to the camera with any normal Ethernet cable and the receiver with the computer display in the same way. Make sure the transmitter gets the power supply and switch it on.
- Now, check if this network is working and if the footage collected by the camera can be displayed on the screen with the required clarity.
- Do note that this is a simple version of such connectivity. As most networks are now complex, more cabling and devices may be required based on the network design.
What is a Digital Video Optical Converter?
If you plan to expand your network and also install a security system in your office or industrial campus, you need to source the right network devices from a reliable manufacturer and supplier. Aside from a fiber optic cable for CCTV cameras, you would require a fiber media converter, digital video optical converters, switches, connectors, and so on. VERSITRON is a well-established manufacturer and supplier of all such network devices aside from CCTV converter installation kits. which are compatible with copper as well as fiber networks.