There are two methods to reset the Tapo camera to its default settings. Method 1: Use the RESET button Type 1: For Security Camera While the
Method 1: Use the RESET button
Type 1: For security camera
While the camera is powered on, press and hold the Reset button for at least 5 seconds until the LED blinks red. The camera will reset and reboot.
Type 2: For Pan&Tilt Security Camera
While the camera is powered on, tilt the camera lens up, then press and hold the RESET button for at least 5 seconds until the LED blinks red. The camera will reset and reboot.
Type 3: For Outdoor Security Camera
1. Loosen the screws on the back panel and remove the cover.
2. Press and hold the Reset button for at least 5 seconds until the LED blinks red.
Method 2: Remove the camera via the Tapo app
Option 1: Go to the Home page
Option 2: Go to Camera Settings page
1. On the home page, tap on your camera model card or tap Camera Preview > Manage to go to Live View page.
2. On the Live View page, tap the gear icon to enter the Camera Settings page.
3. Tap Remove Camera at the bottom to remove the camera from your TP-Link account. The camera will be removed from your account and reset to the default settings.
If you cannot reset your camera successfully, please try the following steps：
- Make sure your camera can be powered on.
- Please do not operate after power-on, wait 10 minutes and try to reset again.
If the issue is still the same, please contact TP-Link technical support.